Thursday, October 7, 2010

Outer Banks

So I’ve been bad and haven’t written a new blog post in the last couple of weeks. Oops! Two weeks ago, the MIA was just a result of my laziness. Last week I had a good excuse. Keith and I took a week off work and headed to the Outer Banks with our friends Nick and Amanda.


It was somewhat fitting to be on vacation with Nick and Amanda since she is due November 20th and I’m due December 20th. I think the new buzz word for a situation like this is called “babymoon.” It’s that last little getaway where parents-to-be can relax and not have to worry about any munchkins. So a week at the Outer Banks seemed like the perfect fit. We definitely got time to relax…only problem was that it wasn’t in the sun.

The east coast draught decided to come to an end the moment we crossed the bridge.


But not even a stormy weather mixture of wind and rain from Sunday until Friday could damper our enjoyment.

Yes, Amanda and I managed to waddled our way over the sandy dunes even with the nasty wind gusts.

And yes, that is a football in Keith's hand. Not sure this was the indeal setting to play a game of toss, but the boys seemed to enjoy the challenge.

We were finally greeted by the sun on Saturday…our last day. Amanda and I even enjoyed a nice cold brew too (the non-alcoholic version, of course). Aren't we cute? :o)

But don’t be fooled to think that I left home decorating ideas off my mind during this vacation. I decided I needed to take my beloved Outer Banks beaches home with me. I want to be able to share a place that I’ve cherished since I’ve been a little girl with my nugget. Of course, she’ll eventually vacation there too, but until then she’ll find a piece of it in our happy house.


So the few moments in the day when it wasn’t windy and rainy and we could take walks on the beach, I made my hubby help me collect sea shells. I didn’t have any requirements for what sea shells we picked other than the fact that I didn’t want any broken ones. I realize I could have gone with a color scheme and only picked black and white shells. Instead, we just picked the most unique ones we could find. The more different – the better! And I have to say we ended up with a nice variety.


My vision is to put the shells in a glass jar on our mantle in the living room as that’s definitely on the list of projects I want to complete before middle of next year. Stay tuned to find out why the living room is definitely on the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment