Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Chapter 2: 1/2 Bathroom Renovation



My vision for the 1/2 bathroom is light and refreshing - basically, the theme for the entire house. But we didn't want to spend too many bucks in this room and I thought if we saved the vanity and marble countertop then we'd be in good shape. Little did I know that obstacles we would encounter in this very small room...more on that later.


Here are some ideas that are rolling around in my head:



Photo from Restoration Hardware
I thought our vanity just need a nice coating of Glidden’s semi-gloss Dove White to brighten it up so it could look similar to this vanity from Restoration Hardware.



Photo from Coastal Living magazine
And since the vanity is so long, I wanted a big, dark mirror above the sink. But instead of the silver faucet finish in this example, I would use an oil-rubbed bronze faucet and lighting to pick-up the dark mirror and colors of the marble.


Photo from The Tile Shop

Then I’ve toyed with the idea of repeating the slate tile in our foyer for the bathroom floor. I didn’t want the same type of slate, but something darker to give the room a natural and peaceful look.

So that’s my small vision in a nutshell. All of our bathrooms need renovated and the ½ bathroom was actually the least of our concerns. However, we decided to start here because we figure if we messed-up, it would be less expense to have hire someone to come in and fix a ½ bathroom as opposed to a full bathroom. Fixing the wall where we removed the tile will be the next challenge. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment