Thursday, September 2, 2010

Chapter 5: 1/2 Bathroom Renovation

The time has come for the big ½ bathroom reveal! It’s the first room in our happy house that is officially complete. And I must say, I’m pretty pleased with the way it turned out. What do you think?

You can check out the before photo here to see how far we've come.

While I’m still super bummed that our gorgeous marble counter broke, I’m extremely happy with the granite we got from Home Depot. After we placed the order I was slightly worried I wouldn’t like it in the bathroom. But I love it! I think it looks great with the oil-rubbed bronze faucet and lighting we purchased at Lowe’s.

The Glidden Dove White paint on the vanity was just what the doctor ordered. It was easy to do and saved us some money from having to buy a new cabinet. At Home Depot I just found some cheap oil-rubbed bronze hardware for the drawers and the whole thing looked new again.


And we did have a tiny argument in regards to the placement of the mirror. Keith wanted to be lazy and just place it over the hole from the former medicine cabinet lighting fixture, but it was just too high from the counter top. So I made him fill in the hole so we can move it down to be more centered. Much better if I do say so myself! (Although I couldn't get a great angle on my camera to prove that to you.)

I used Glidden Smooth Stone paint on the walls and think it looks fab with the granite and dark fixtures.

As for the items on the counter, the little towel rack is something Keith picked out on clearance at Bed, Bath and Beyond. It’s rare, but Keith does occasional give input on how I decorate. :o) (But I secretly think he just liked the idea that it was one less thing he'd have to hang on the wall.)

The vase is a cheap-o find at Micheal’s that I had in our old 1/2 bathroom in Columbus.

I got the golf picture from AllPosters.com when Keith and I moved into our first apartment in Grandview, Ohio, after our engagement. (I miss that place!) Keith loves golf and I love the vintage 1920s fashion. So it was a win/win. And I think this is the perfect spot for the poster in our new home.

I still might need to find a small plant or something to put on top of the toilet tank, but that's minor.

So one room is off our checklist and only 14 more rooms to go! Lol Stay tuned because we are almost done with our kitchen renovation!

No comments:

Post a Comment