Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Chapter 5: Kitchen Renovation

So we’d been to Home Depot. Keith’s co-worker referred us to Columbus Brothers. Now it was my turn to get a recommendation for a third kitchen contractor. That’s how we found Cabinet World. My co-worker used Cabinet World for his kitchen remodel and was fairly pleased with the outcome.

So I called and they first scheduled a designer to come out and take measurements. I have no idea why, but I was under this illusion that everyone would be able to use our first Home Depot measurements. Not the case!

I really liked the fact that they sent the actual designer to the house for the measurements. I think it gave her a better idea of our space and what would work out best in the design. During that time she asked and listened to our wants and needs. Both Columbus Brothers and Cabinet World were leaps and bounds better than the service we experienced at Home Depot (now a distant memory).

When we met with the designer at Cabinet World a week later, she was great about showing us various cabinet options and explaining the various features. She really took my ideas into consideration and came up with three different designs options for us to review. Her quote came back at a similar pricing point as Columbus Brother’s original quote.

At this point we both felt we were kind of comparing apples to apples. The final dollar figure was important to us, but so was our comfort level with the kitchen contractor we selected. Stay turned – we’ll reveal our final decision next!

No comments:

Post a Comment